Friday, September 11, 2009
simple corn bread recipe...
* 2 cups of cornmeal (yellow or blue)
* 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder or baking soda *
* 1/4 cup of sugar (brown or white sugar)
* 4-5 tablespoons of fresh orange juice (juice of 1/2 large orange)
* 1/4 cup of oil (olive or corn)
* about 1 cup of lukewarm water
1/2 cup granulated sugar, 3 T honey, 1 orange plus water to make a cup, 6 cloves
Preheat oven to 350°F (175-180°C)
Whisk together the cornmeal, sugar, and baking powder to combine well. In a separate bowl, mix oil, orange juice, and water, and stir until well blended. Add liquids to the dry ingredients and stir.
Pour batter into a well-oiled 9-inch pie pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the pan. It should come out dry.
Cool at least 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*Sauce is optional, but combine ingredients and let sit. Remove cloves...pour over bobota before serving.
*nice that it is vegan:)