- 1 large eggplant (1 1/4 pounds)
- 4 level tablespoons tahini
- 2teaspoons garlic, peeled and crushed with salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or more to taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Dump the eggplant into a basin of cold water; peel while still hot and allow to drain in a colander until cool. Squeeze pulp to remove any bitter juices. Mash the eggplant to a puree.
In a food processor, mix the tahini with the garlic and lemon juice until the mixture contracts. Thin with the water. With the machine running, add the eggplant and the salt, pepper, and olive oil.